Posted: 19 May 2011 12:40 PM PDT
When was the last time you cleaned your coffee maker? In the past month? During the past year? Or never as I do?
A dirty coffee can ruin even the best coffee. Lime, mineral deposits build up inside, like tainting our morning beer taste. Cleaning is very easy to do and the next pot of coffee that you make, you can enjoy a dramatic difference.
There are several ways to clean a coffee maker, Iused the method of white vinegar, because it was effective and convenient. It did not hurt that I have a bottle that is in my closet have.
1. Step – Fill the pot with one third of vinegar and two thirds of cold water.
2. Step – Put a filter on
3. Step – Pour water and vinegar in a room with water, then turn it on. Let it go through the normal fermentation process, the pot filled with oil and vinegar mixture. If possible, open windows to dilute your not so pleasantVinegar odor.
4. Step – Take the filter. You could be having as much sediment and minerals are trapped in the filter may be surprised
Let stand and cool for ten to fifteen minutes.
5. Step – Rinse the pot. If it was like my coffee machine and much more needs to be cleaned, you can repeat the above steps.
6. Step – If you have made with vinegar, repeat the procedure twice with cold water just to get rid of all the vinegar and the remainingaccompanying smell. If you still smell, you can repeat the process as necessary.
Depending on water quality, we recommend cleaning coffee anywhere from seven to fourteen days for the best results in your taste.
A word of warning. This is not a quick process. It may take more than one hour to completely clean your coffee maker, so if you are in need of caffeine to make coffee from the machine and clean thelater.
Alternative to vinegar include:
Two denture cleaning tablets, just make sure before disappearing into the water box.
Citric acid with four cups of hot water and an extra four cups of cold water mixture.
There are cleaning solutions that you can buy at any grocery store.
You also put a glass marble in the water chamber. It attracts deposits of minerals in hard water, so just wash the marble once a weekClean the whole machine.
How to clean the coffee machine
You should not use soap to clean the pot or place in dishwasher. The soap can actually be attached to the oils from the coffee left, so that the soap residue behind
Instead, the use of ice cubes with a little bit 'of water. Shake the ice and water around the pot. If you have stubborn stains, try adding a bit 'of salt. Only with water and ice was not strong enough to make me clean, butthe addition of salt a noticeable difference.
|You are subscribed to email updates from Barista Coffee Maker |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|